Optimally Living, that's what Occupation is, often even I can forget that. To me, Occupation initially meant a synonym for experiencing one's career, then it gained alternative implication concerning home-life therapy, which I experienced for brief periods throughout my life. However, I knew these everso superficially, and nowadays I have realised a deeply proper understanding of what it is to be occupied. To be occupied is to be fully engrossed, an imperative enduring state of doing, more than The Flow/Zone, but essentially the opposite of being in a rut.
I perceive occupation to be best done when one is empty and has cut ties with previous struggles (preoccupations). This new slate is an opportunity for adventure and proving that you've learnt your lessons. Just as a butterfly or dragonfly has shed its cocoon so have you, metaphorically, experienced catharsis and now are fully focused and determined to live this chance wiser and smarter.
Today I can say that I have truly buried and grieved my past into the curated archives of my subconscious. Today I am aware of my past, but preoccupied and thus still haunted by their meddlesome mischief. Their reign has ended, my sovereignity governs my present and future.
No comments:
Post a Comment