Saturday, 10 May 2014

Annoyed

Recently I became vexed and indignant over how a new untitled film about the Fantasic Four, what was authentic, traditional and recognizable became corrupted through the want of profiting money through the diversity of a quota. I am not saying there is no place for diversity in films, just only where the characters have been originally imagined to appear like that. I believe it is wrong to corrupt a character's decades old recognised appearance just to be different and lure in a new target market as its entire origin story of who they were and just keep their traits and then say it is correct to keep the mental traits and not the psychical traits and features because 'race does not matter'. One should not be allowed to blatantly show one's agenda by portraying a character differently from the source material, it is sacrilegious. I like re-imaginings because they stay close to what is recognisable and show the story in a modern taste of perceptive, however I abhor and hate people who reinvent stories where they corrupt partially or all of an original character just to make a sensational story and profit from how undeserving their stupid pride is in causing mischief.

I like things staying similar but never a betrayal, corrupted and different. I hate these oblivious disrespect of preserving what is recognisable.        

No comments:

Post a Comment