Saturday, 10 May 2014

More about me.

Greetings again my dear Muses, I shall indulge you all with somethings about me and what I like.

Firstly I am a tortured artist, an amateur Whittling enthusiast, a maverick cineast, classicist and gallant squire, an introvert, I have obsessive compulsive personality disorder, selective mutism, I am also a highly sensitive person, passive Aggressive, schiotypal, I have super-ego overload, I am also a cynic, pessimistic and misanthropic, and I am also a high-minded high-brow autodidact/erudite.

I am an aspiring director, novelist, philosopher (in general, an Inventor) and currently a researcher and impulsive adventurer.

My favourite flowers are Purple Poppies and Red Roses.

I hate mawkishly/schmaltzy cute things.

My faavourite quotes are:

"he who endures to the end will be saved" (Matt. 24:13)

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." ~Albert Einstein.

"... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

" Jack: I am sick to death of cleverness. Everybody is clever nowadays. You can't go anywhere without meeting clever people. The thing has become an absolute public nuisance. I wish to goodness we had a few fools left. Algernon: We have. Jack: I should extremely like to meet them. What do they talk about? Algernon: The f...ools? Oh! about the clever people, of course. Jack: What fools. "

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." - Anais Nin

"The hottest love has the coldest end."
- Socrates

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
- Professor Keating (Robin Williams) in 'Dead Poet's Society'

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- Albert Einstein

Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter.
- John Keats

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
- General George S. Patton

Epictetus:
• "Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of men's desires, but by the removal of desire." (iv.1.175)
• "Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them."
• "If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone."
• "I am formed by nature for my own good: I am not formed for my own evil."

Marcus Aurelius:
• "If you work at that which is before you, following right reason seriously, vigorously, calmly, without allowing anything else to distract you, but keeping your divine part pure, as if you were bound to give it back immediately; if you hold to this, expecting nothing, but satisfied to live now according to nature, speaking heroic truth in every word which you utter, you will live happy. And there is no man able to prevent this."
• "Outward things cannot touch the soul, not in the least degree; nor have they admission to the soul, nor can they turn or move the soul; but the soul turns and moves itself alone."
• "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also"
• "Or is it your reputation that's bothering you? But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands."

Seneca the Younger:
• "The point is, not how long you live, but how nobly you live."
• "Let Nature deal with matter, which is her own, as she pleases; let us be cheerful and brave in the face of everything, reflecting that it is nothing of our own that perishes."

♪ 'With a tortured soul
And an honest design;
My will cannot endure
As my heart is torn away!

I was caught up in the moment;
We were alone and you seemed to harness the light!
Even though I felt cold inside
When you told me it would be alright!
I had given up control and
I didn't focus hard enough to see the warning signs;
Your heart is SERPENTINE!' ♪

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power...
Green Lantern's Light!" - Green Lanterns' oath

"Fiat Lux!" Genesis 1:3

"There’s a quote by Bruce Lee that’s my motto: ‘There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. A man must constantly exceed his level.’ If you’re not better than you were the day before, then what are you doing—what’s the point?". - David Belle, Parkour Extraordinaire

♪ E ci sei adesso tu
A dare un senso ai giorni miei!
Va tutto bene dal momento che ci sei
Adesso tu!
Ma non dimentico
Tutti gli amici miei;
Che sono ancora là...' ♪

In his Daphnis and Chloe (1.25.2) the 2nd century poet Longus has Daphnis describes the effects of his first kiss from Chloe:
“How lovely her eyes in sleep!
How sweet the perfume from her mouth sweeter than that of apples, sweeter than that from the Hawthorne. Yet I dare not kiss her. Her kiss pricks me to the heart and maddens me like green honey.”

"To whom can I speak today?
The gentle man has perished,
The violent man has access to everybody.
The iniquity that smites the land
It has no end.
There are no righteous men,
The earth is surrendered to criminals."

"He appears mad indeed but to a few, because the majority are infected with the same disease." - Horace

"Insanity destroys reason, but not wit.” - Nathaniel Emmons

"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent van Gogh

"There has never been any great genius without a spice of madness." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - - - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating."
-Pearl Buck-

No comments:

Post a Comment