Tuesday, 6 May 2014

What is and how I do I know I am eccentric?

The meaning of the word 'eccentric' - deviating from the norm; behaving unexpectedly or differently, or just idiosyncratic.

It has been stated that eccentrics are less prone to mental illness than everyone else and that people with a mental illness "suffer" from their behavior while eccentrics are quite happy.

Below is a list of attributes of a true eccentric and hopefully it describes you as well:

1. Nonconforming attitude
2. Idealistic
3. Intense curiosity
4. Happy obsession with a hobby or hobbies
5. Knew very early in his or her childhood they were different from others
6. Highly intelligent
7. Opinionated and outspoken
8. Unusual living or eating habits
9. Not interested in the opinions or company of others
10. Strong moral obligations (against infidelity, strong family values, overly-religious)
11. Mischievous sense of humor

No comments:

Post a Comment