Friday, 31 July 2015

'Exploring God'

Exploring God – Everything is not what it seems

Prologue: "a universe with a god would be a completely different kind of universe from one without, and it would be a scientific difference." -  Richard Dawkins

Chapter one: Introductions

God is conceived as the Supreme Being and principal object of faith [belief in inspiration, revelation, or authority.], in theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator, but not the sustainer, of the universe. Henotheism is the belief and worship of a single god while accepting the existence or possible existence of other deities. Omnitheism, pandeism, or a perennial philosophy postulates that there is one underlying theological truth, of which all religions express a partial understanding, and as to which "the devout in the various great world religions are in fact worshipping that one God, but through different, overlapping concepts or mental images of him." Deism holds that God is wholly transcendent: God exists, but does not intervene in the world beyond what was necessary to create it. In this view, God is not anthropomorphic and does not literally answer prayers or cause miracles to occur. Common in Deism is a belief that God has no interest in humanity and may not even be aware of humanity. Dystheism holds that God is either not wholly good or is fully malevolent motivated as a consequence of the problem of evil. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent". Nontheism holds that the universe can be explained without any reference to the supernatural, or to a supernatural being. Some non-theists avoid the concept of God, whilst accepting that it is significant to many; other non-theists understand God as a symbol of human values and aspirations.

With all these things acknowledged I can start with this essay, I will review Richard Dawkins and all those who advocate God's existence and observe which makes more sense and decide what I believe. Am I now an unbeliever or renewed a believer?

Chapter two: Versus

According to Richard Dawkins, "not only is science corrosive to religion; religion is corrosive to science. It teaches people to be satisfied with trivial, supernatural non-explanations and blinds them to the wonderful real explanations that we have within our grasp. It teaches them to accept authority, revelation and faith instead of always insisting on evidence." Also according to Richard Dawkins, he is hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. According to Dawkins, religion "subverts science and saps the intellect". He believes that when science teachers attempt to expound on evolution, there is hostility aimed towards them by parents who are sceptical because they believe it conflicts with their religious beliefs, that even some textbooks have had the word 'evolution' systematically removed.
Science and religion generally pursue knowledge of the universe using different methodologies. Science acknowledges reason, empiricism, and evidence, while religions include revelation, faith and sacredness. Much of the scientific method was pioneered first by Islamic scholars, and later by Christians. Hinduism has historically embraced reason and empiricism, holding that science brings legitimate, but incomplete knowledge of the world.
Children should not be forced to accept the religion of their parents Richard Dawkins also says, however I paraphrased aforementioned sentence. I say this because children should decide for themselves through proper exploration and without fear.
Abdu'l-Bahá, the son of the founder of the religion, stated that religion without science is superstition and that science without religion is materialism. He also admonished that true religion must conform to the conclusions of science.
For science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be, and outside of its domain value judgements of all kinds remain necessary. Religion, on the other hand, deals only with evaluations of human thought and action: it cannot justifiably speak of facts and relationships between facts.
Faith and rationality are two ideologies that exist in varying degrees of conflict or compatibility. Rationality is based on reason or facts. Faith is belief in inspiration, revelation, or authority. The word faith usually refers to a belief that is held with lack of, in spite of or against reason or evidence, while another position holds that it can refer to belief based upon a degree of evidential warrant.
Rationalism holds that truth should be determined by reason and factual analysis, rather than faith, dogma, tradition or religious teaching.
Fideism holds that faith is necessary, and that beliefs may be held without any evidence or reason and even in conflict with evidence and reason.

Chapter three: Vindicated Conclusions

I am sceptically cynical about religion, because it feels man-made and false, obviously there is nothing wrong with the concept 'man-made', but about being a blatant lie in disguise is vexing.
I have recently abandoned wishful and magical thinking, because it is part of my disorders of which is not wisely healthy any more and I have felt disillusionment.
But...Rationalists point out that many people hold irrational beliefs, for many reasons. There may be evolutionary causes for irrational beliefs — irrational beliefs may increase our ability to survive and reproduce. Or, according to Pascal's Wager, it may be to our advantage to have faith, because faith may promise infinite rewards, while the rewards of reason are seen by many as finite. One more reason for irrational beliefs can perhaps be explained by operant conditioning.
Also it seems religious people think their faith is evidence of a warrant for what they do however fanatical.
It also seems Faith is underlying rationality, meaning all human knowledge and reason is seen as dependent on faith: faith in our senses, faith in our reason, faith in our memories, and faith in the accounts of events we receive from others. Accordingly, faith is seen as essential to and inseparable from rationality.
The Catholic church views Faith and reason as essential together and that faith without reason leads to superstition, while reason without faith leads to nihilism and relativism.

It is said that all the greatest people stand on the shoulders of former great persons, I would like to vindicate that.
What I believe is this: I continue to have faith, faith in science and in myself; there is no other God but ascended heroic people like who I will become some day through transhumanism and a self-nurtured independent open mind; the universe and inflatable nothingness of potential energy happened by itself, the option was fulfilled; I believe in the credibility of purpose, rationality and reason; I believe in natural selection and evolution; my children, especially the likelihood of sperm donations, should have the choice of believing whatever they want after thorough proper education and exploration; I agree with Richard Dawkins about religion ruining the education system and parental criticism; I am free-thinking non-theistic secular humanist; and finally that I shall become a supreme being in lieu of a pre-existing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment